eWe - Soup and Salad



This week in our cooking with Ellie group my friend Kayte chose the theme of soup and salad.  After browsing Ellie's soup recipes I decided to try the Tuscan vegetable soup.  With the first hint of fall in the air, I am all about making soups!   However since it is still 90° here in the south, I am sort of having to pretend it's fall for now!  Fall is definitely my favorite time of the year.  I love the colors of the leaves and I love pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks and I love almost anything pumpkin.  And of course with fall comes Halloween!  Fun!

In our group we generally do not post the recipes that we make as a courtesy to the author of the book. However I found this one online so I am happy to share with you.   I made it exactly like the recipe with one exception.  I added a little shredded chicken.  This is one of the tastiest soups I believe that I have made.  Loved it!  Will definitely make this over and over again.  I think part of what made it so tasty was the zucchini and sage spice.  I do not normally put zucchini in my vegetable soup.   I think you will like it.  Give it a try!

Check out our website and please join us whenever you can!  We are very laid-back group and allow you to just jump in when you can participate.  Eating with ellie

For the recipe, click on this link.  tuscan soup

Comments

Cakelaw said…
This soup sounds delicious Peggy - glad you enjoyed it.
TeaLady said…
NIce choice. Looks like a nice light soup for a cool night!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake