WWDH - Apple Blueberry Coconut Cobbler minus the coconut

This week in our Donna Hay cooking group we made this Apple blueberry coconut cobbler.  I was donna hayunsure whether to make it or not because I cannot eat oats and it called for oats and coconut as a topping.   Then I decided I would just leave the coconut and oats off the top.  Because we do not need a lot of sugar in this household I also decided to make it into two small servings    I tried my best to measure the  portions correctly and ended up just eyeballing everything!    i think it turned out pretty well!   It has fresh apples, blueberries, cooked with sugar and vanilla bean a d then topped with a biscuit like dough.   Check out our website at wwdh.wordpress.com




Comments

Kayte said…
Oh that looks great, Peggy. I like the idea of making these little personal size portions to share about with everyone. I don't think I would miss the coconut or the oats as I was trying to think if I even really tasted them in mine, can't say that I would think it would make much difference at all. I loved how the apples turned purple with the blueberries. Kinda fun to eat purple apples. :-)
Cakelaw said…
Your cobbler looks great Peggy. To be honest, you can't really taste the coconut or oats in the finished product, so leaving them out made no difference, in my view.
I didn't get to make this but I want to. I like apples and blueberries although it sounds like this could be made with any fruit. Even without the topping, yours looks very pretty.
TeaLady said…
Looking good, Peggy. I made it tonite and we loved it. Definitely a repeat.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake