My Kitchen My World - Let's visit Belize!

This month in our group that virtually travels to a different country each month, it was my choice.  I chose Belize because my wonderful son and beautiful daughter-in-law went there on their honeymoon and loved the country.  I wanted a "taste" of what it might be like to visit there.  As I googled to search for native Belizian recipes, red beans and rice and bread pudding kept popping up so I thought. . . why not?

I like to start my blog with a joke that is relative to the country we are visiting.  I hope you like this one!  No offense intended.. . just good fun!

Two Belizians were riding their bikes across a university campus when one said "where did you get such a great bike?"
The second Belizian said, "I was walking across town yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on a bike, threw it to the ground, took off her clothes and said "take what you want."
The first Belizian nodded in approval and said, "good choice.  The clothes probably wouldn't have fit you anyway."   

I added a "cocktail" to our dinner (which we rarely do as we are not big drinkers, but do enjoy a glass of wine occasionally). Surprisingly, it was very good.  Even my DH enjoyed it!  If you haven't discovered coconut water I highly recommend it.  I have a glass every day.  I have tried most all brands, and my favorite is this one called O.N.E.  Delicious and hydrating.

 We love red beans and rice made the cajun way, so I thought this might be something we would really enjoy as well.  I was right.  It was delicious and flavorful.  The coconut milk in the rice made it extra creamy.  We try to have at least one meal each week that is meatless, and this was a wonderful way to do just that.

 And then we had to have dessert so my Belizian choice for that was bread pudding.  It was not the same as my normal bread pudding.  A bit crunchier.  But it was rich and delicious.  The coconut milk added a lot of flavor.  I substituted Craisens for the raisens.  And added whipped cream. . . at our house everything is better with whipped cream on top!!
All in all, we were very glad we visited this countries' recipes this month.  Check out what the others made at mkmw.wordpress.com

For the recipes, click on these links:
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink1wx7626.html
http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=353165
http://www.food.com/recipeprint.do?rid=455839



Comments

TeaLady said…
GOOD choices each one!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake