Butterneck Squash

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!  I hope you all ate your ham, blackeyed peas, and greens for your new year's day meal.  I did.  I had delicious collards, hopping john, corn casserole and a delicious glazed ham.  I plan to have success in 2013 by eating the right things.  LOL

I meant to post this before Christmas.  I had read an "easy" way to cut up butternut squash and I wanted to try it.  Well there is no easy way in my opinion, but the secret is having a VERY sharp knife.  Then it isn't so bad and the outcome is worth the effort.  I simply cut up the squash into cubes, placed in a roasting pan, drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled a little brown sugar on top and baked for about a half hour or so until tender.  They were a delicious accompaniment to my smoked turkey that I served that night.  Here it is before baking.

Trust me - it was delicious and healthy too!

Comments

Rita said…
I need healthy right now and it looks perfect!
Rita
TeaLady said…
LOVE butternut squash. Wish it was available year round.

Best way I found is to nuke it a couple of minutes THEN cut it up. Partially cooked and softer!!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake