TWD - Basic Biscuits

Jennifer of Cooking With Comfort chose basic biscuits for us to make this week in our Tuesdays with Dorie group. 

Biscuits always remind me of my sweet mother who passed away three years ago.  Mama made homemade biscuits almost every day of her life.  I did not appreciate them as much as a child as I did an adult.  She had it down to such an art.  She rolled them out and then gently flipped the dough over, then cut with the biscuit cutter so that after they cooked, they would open up easily for your jelly or jam.  I have never been able to make biscuits like my mama made.  Instead of jelly, I now eat my biscuits with cheddar cheese or maybe bacon and cheese.  Love them!

Dorie's had quite a bit of butter in them and I cut back on that a little just to save a few calories.  I'm sure the butter would make them even more delicious though.  I also halved the recipe.  You can get the recipe at Jennifer's webpage if you click above on her link.  Also go to Tuesdays with Dorie and see how the other bakers fared with their biscuits this week!  Thanks Jennifer for a fun and easy pick.

Comments

Valerie Gamine said…
Your biscuits look delicious! I'm glad they brought back some happy memories. :)
Flourchild said…
Thats sweet that they reminded you of your mom. They look perfect and Im glad you enjoyed this recipe! I love biscuits!
Nicole said…
Your biscuits are lovely. Isn't it amazing how many memories food can evoke?
Cindy said…
Wonderful story about your Mom. Your biscuits look yummy, this is a great recipe. Have a great day.
AllThingsYummy said…
I love biscuits with jelly, or if I'm feeling indulgent- lots of gravy.
Jennifer said…
Love the story about your Mom! Your biscuits look fabulous-thanks for baking along with me this week!
TeaLady said…
THOSE look perfect. I bet they would make your Mama proud!1
Cakelaw said…
What lovely memories of your mom. Your biscuits look so golden and delicious!
Rita said…
Haven't made biscuits in years; these are rally give me the urge.
Rita
Unknown said…
It seems that biscuits are a big memory food for many of us! Yours look great - good to know you can cut the butter down a bit, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake