KOREA - My Kitchen My World

In our group My Kitchen My World, we "pretend" travel to a different place each month making recipes from that area.  This month was Korea.

I am not familiar with Korean food so I had to go to my "google" help and see what I could find.  I ended up making Korean Roasted Chicken (served it with rice) and steamed cabbage.

This recipe is delicious.  I made two changes to the recipe.  One, I used regular onions instead of green onions.  Two, I used chicken breasts cut into pieces rather than larger pieces of chicken.  I will definitely be making this again and again.

KOREAN ROAST CHICKEN

1 chicken, cut up
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. minced onions
3 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp. dry ginger)
1/2 tsp. pepper

Place chicken in large baking dish. Combine soy sauce and remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn each piece and continue baking for 10 to 15 minutes until done.  
You can also make this in a skillet in a stir-fry fashion.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Look like a delicious chicken dish!
Rita said…
This is something I know we would really enjoy!
Rita
Kayte said…
Oh, this looks delicious, I would love to eat this with you! I need to get organized and get back in the swing of MKMW...in the meantime, I am enjoying seeing yours!
The marinade looks wonderful and not as spicy as I would have expected for a Korean dish. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake