Carla Vavala - Babbaganoush and Biscuits

Check out Joanne's version of these on Wednesday at Applecrumbles.  She and I are trying some healthy foods from Carla Vavala's book Fusion + Friends.  This book is only $10 on Amazon.com so it would be a great gift for someone with the holidays coming up!

This week we made Carla's babbaganoush and sour cream biscuits.  I've never eaten babbaganoush much less made it, but it was so easy and delicious.  Really, I could have just made my meal off of it.  You are supposed to serve it with pita bread, but we used italian bread instead that I had toasted in the oven with a little olive oil drizzled on top.

First, you bake the eggplant.  I halved the recipe.  And yes, I know this photo is not flattering.


Then you just peel the eggplant and put in a food processor with the other ingredients, whirl away for a few seconds and voila - you have a fabulous appetizer to enjoy!  I had no idea what tahini paste was and I could not find it at Publix, so I substituted peanut butter and it worked really well with this.  This photo does not do it justice.  It really is so tasty.



The sour cream biscuits had a secret ingredient in them.  Club Soda.  I did not have any on hand so I substituted milk.  Have you ever tried this milk?  I just bought some this week and it is delicious and it has a 70 day shelf life!  Not that it will last that long around here, but it is really good milk.

These biscuits are easy and fabulous.  As a matter of fact, I plan to make them again this weekend for some guests we have coming over.  They have very simple ingredients, just boxed biscuit mix, grated cheddar, fresh rosemary, garlic, sour cream, and a little bit of club soda.  You just drop them out, bake and they are soft and so delicious!!

Comments

Rita said…
These biscuits must taste heavenly and so healthy.
Rita
Anonymous said…
Both dishes look tasty!
Joanne said…
You're right. Both recipes are terrific and go such a long way. We're loving the dip and I'm going to have to make more biscuits.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake