TWD - Corniest Corn Muffins

Hostess this week in our Tuesdays with Dorie group is Jill of My Next Life.  You can go to her blog here and get the recipe for today's delicious muffins.  http://jillbuker.blogspot.com/  I do not know Jill personally, but I think I might work with her niece who is a lovely young lady.
Being a southern gal, I make cornbread a lot.  It has been a staple food in my life as long as I can remember.  My mom made cornbread every night for our dinner or "suppah as she would say."  She mixed it up with cornmeal and buttermilk and baked it in an iron skillet that had hot Crisco shortening sizzling in it. So I was very excited about these muffins.  They are comfort food to me.  While traditional cornbread or corn muffins do not contain corn kernals, I usually put cream style corn in my cornbread.  Dorie's recipe calls for the whole kernals though and let me tell you - these are some good muffins!  We loved them!!  Thank you Jill for a great pick this week.

We went to a Mardi Gras party last Saturday night and had a blast.  Thought I would share a photo of me with two of my good friends.  They looked so cute!

Comments

spike. said…
glad you liked the cornbread. Looks like a fun party!
Flourchild said…
Great looking muffins and fun looking party! Im glad you enjoyed both!:)
Cindy said…
I would like to try your Mom's cornbread! Would love those crispy edges!
Great looking muffins! Your mom's cornbread sounds fantastic, too! :)
jillbuker said…
What a small world!! I can't imagine there are tons of food bloggers in Birmingham that have a niece that works at a local law firm, so I'm going to assume wer're talking about the same girl!! So funny. Your muffins look delicious. Thanks for baking with me this week.
Tia said…
the kernels are so prominent in your muffins . looks great!
Buttercreambarbie
Jacque said…
How fun! Love the Mardi Gras masks and feathers.

Your muffins look great too. Glad to hear from a Southerner that they were good. I consider myself a cornbread/muffin noob, lol.
TeaLady said…
Skillet cornbread is the absolute best. With gumbo. With Chili. But these will be good too.
Judy said…
Looks like a colorful and fun party. We like the muffins, too; the corn added a nice, chewy texture.
Kayte said…
Interesting on the creamed corn, sounds delicious. These were so good, we just loved them. Might have to relegate Jiffy to a back corner for emergencies only. Love, love, love the photo of the Mardi Gras Girls!
Mary said…
Your muffins look really good, and I'm glad you enjoyed them so much. My mother calls dinner 'supper' too!
:)
Hindy said…
Your muffins have risen very well and the corn is nice and plump. Great job! Awesome costumes too!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake