CEiMB - Peppercorn Pork with Wine Sauce

Rachel Hearts Food chose our Craving Ellie choice this week of Peppercorn Pork with Wine Sauce.  I love pork and pork tenderloin is an excellent choice.  However, I have never cooked pork tenderloin in a skillet!  New experience.  First you slice the tenderloin lengthwise and spread dijon mustard on it.  Then cut it into four piece and panfry it in a bit of olive oil.  It was very easy to make and very tasty.  I served, as you can see, with a Waldorf salad, green beans, and carrots glazed with a little butter and brown sugar.

As I drove out of my parking deck tonight, I couldn't help but think how blessed I am.  Blessed that my job is NOT a parking lot attendant.  My hat is off to those people (if I wore a hat which I don't) because they sit in the tiniest cubicle possible all day long, with a space heater, and a bottle of water, staring at cars going by.  I think I would be pulling my eyelashes out in about an hour of that.  Thank goodness God made all types of personalities.  I couldn't help but think how I get to walk around, chat with friends, and have all the luxuries of sodas, tea, water, etc. at my fingertips.  And bathroom privileges all day long.  Imagine that.

Sometimes I like to leave you all with a bit of eye candy.  This week, I'm focused on Jesse Metcalfe.  You might remember him from Desperate Housewives, but I saw a movie this week called the Eschelon Conspiracy (good one) and he was in that too.  I think he is very handsome.  Have a great week!

Comments

Marthe said…
This looks delicious, but it just didn't happen for me this week!
Kayte said…
I agree, that the cooking in the skillet was a new thing, but one that I really appreciated...wasn't this EASY??? I will make this again for the flavor and the quickness with which it all went together. Yours looks wonderful, and I like the sides you chose to go with it.
Joanne said…
Looks good! I mean the meat...ahhhh...the RECIPE!!!

It was my first time doing tenderloin in the skillet. It was easy to do. That will certainly be a new method in our kitchen.
Jennifer said…
This looks great Peggy! I haven't gotten a chance to cook this this week but I hoping I will have time next week! I'm so happy you are back in the blogging world!
Barbara Bakes said…
I don't know what's better looking the meat or Jesse? Okay, Jesse wins but you can't go wrong with a yummy tenderloin either!
Anonymous said…
I think I could survive the parking lot attendant job if I could bring my laptop and access the internet lol I've seen that sometimes the attendants bring books or magazines so I guess the time passes... not sure about the lack of bathroom privileges though.

Haven't gotten around to making this one yet, but it looks like it was a hit. I'm looking forward to having it this weekend.
Cathy said…
Looks delicious Peggy! We'll love this here, and it looks pretty easy too. Definitely need to try this one!
TeaLady said…
Looks perfect.

Mine wasn't. May try again with some cutlets.
Rachel said…
Looks great, Peggy!
AmyRuth said…
Okay, so like, who cares about the food? hehe
AmyRuth

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake