CEIMB - Oven Fried Chicken

Did you know there is actually a Fried Chicken holiday? It is on July 6. Crazzzzy. All you have to do on that day is eat some fried chicken. Heck, everyday for me could be fried chicken holiday! I could handle it.

I've even been craving fried chicken. Then I joined a new group. How odd that this week's choice for Ellie Kreiger's Craving Ellie in My Belly was oven fried chicken. Hosted by Lonely Sidecar. Thanks! I'm so excited about this group because the recipes are healthy!

I seriously could not take a pretty picture tonight of my wonderful oven fried chicken. And it was worthy ... sooooo worthy.

It called for four chicken breasts. I had three, but they were large. Mammoth even. It called for sesame seeds, I used sunflower seeds. It called for yogurt, I used buttermilk.
But the end result was fantastic. It was the juiciest, crunchiest, wonderful chicken. I've never had any fried chicken that was better than this - and I am a true Southerner where we treasure our fried foods!

Yep, that is a sweet potato on the side. Drizzled with butter and brown sugar. I thought why not splurge tonight. After all, the chicken was healthy. And then I paired it with stovetop stuffing. Can you believe it? I actually used stovetop stuffing to go beside my fabulous oven fried chicken. Stovetop. From a mix. Shame on me.

It was good. So good.

Comments

Marthe said…
Looks great!! Can't wait to make this tonight!!

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for my first blog give-away!! Deadline is tonight: midnight European time.
Cathy said…
Peggy -- it looks great! I'm so excited to be in this group with you. I can't believe we missed the Fried Chicken holiday. Well, heck, isn't every day a fried chicken holiday around here? Hang on, Jacob wants to leave you a comment too:

it is good chicken
Audrey said…
I hate trying to take pictures of beige food (or casseroles)! I always want to put in a caption - "looks much better in person!" But you did well! Your chicken looks wonderful. I didn't know there was an Ellie group but I like her show and her recipes. I want to make this one soon! There's a similar Cooking Light chicken recipe I love that uses buttermilk for soaking - it works so well, doesn't it?
Jennifer said…
Peggy - Your fried chicken looks great! Shame on me for not putting a picture up on the blog. Baby steps though - maybe next week I will actually have a picture of what I cooked!
I am glad you enjoyed the fried chicken. And stovetop - oh how I love stovetop!!! Thanks for convincing me to join the blog! I'm excited about cooking yummy (and healthy) food!
Amanda said…
I'm glad you liked this recipe so much! You really should make the lasagna roll-ups. Your countertops really look amazing and your breasts are HUGE too :-)
CB said…
No joke? Fried chicken holiday? HAHA. I'll have to remember that. July 6th is close to my birthday. Presents and fried chicken is my kind of party! Glad you enjoyed the recipe. PS. Nothing wrong with stovetop. from a box.
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
Shari said…
There must be a holiday for every food!! Strange. Looks delicious.
natalia said…
Ciao ! This looks terrific we must try it ! Dearest Peggy i made a post about the award but then realized I have to write the seven.... I'll try to do it tomorrow , anyway thank you again !
Mary Ann said…
Good to hear it passed the test of a true Southerner- my hubby liked it too (he is a Georgia boy). Yum!
Glad that you liked it and also glad that you joined CEiMB!
Anonymous said…
Yes - it was wonderful chicken! We certainly enjoyed it in our house!!

I'll have to remember July 6 now ...
Anonymous said…
I did not know that there was Fried Chicken holiday but being a southerner I will remember. Good looking chicken too!
Matt's Kitchen said…
I so want to join this group. I already own the cookbook, and I really need to balance out all of the higher calorie cooking I do with something healthy. I am trying to learn, however, not to over commit myself. I'll have to live vicariously through all of you CEimB members!
Nancy/n.o.e said…
This chicken looks really good, and yes, those are some large servings you've got there! Great job.

Hey, I've got a fun blog award to pass to you - stop by my blog to claim it!
Nancy

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake