Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters

Happy day after Labor Day! This week Stefany of Proceed with Caution chose Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters for our weekly baking challenge. Chandler and I were at the lake most of the weekend, but due to the cloudy weather we decided to come home early Monday. The fish were not biting our hooks anyway. That gave me plenty of time to bake this week’s cookies!

I love oatmeal cookies, but have never much liked the raisins most of the recipes contain. So I was really glad this recipe omitted those. I just noticed that my picture of these cookies pre-baking looks just like my picture below of my granola grabbers! I promise they are different pics and different cookie dough!

I thought I had purchased all the ingredients I needed, but when I started to mix the batter, I realized there was not a cup of plain flour anywhere in my pantry. I substituted self-rising flour leaving out the salt and baking soda and that worked just fine. I used chunky peanut butter and chocolate chips instead of the bittersweet since I am not a huge fan of bittersweet. Because I did not have two hours to chill the dough, I went ahead and cooked them immediately. These cookies were easy to mix, easy to bake, and came out perfectly. They are very cookielicious. Since we have now devoured all our Granola Grabbers, we eagerly welcomed this new batch of chipsters. Hmmm. . . .a cold glass of milk would be great with these for an afternoon snack! Or, I’m seeing myself in the winter months with a crackling fire in the fireplace, a nice cup of cappacino, a good book, and a chocolate chipster cookie or two while I relax on the sofa. Okay, I can dream, can’t I? Who has time anymore for a relaxing afternoon. In reality, I’ll grab a cookie here or there as I pass through the kitchen, until they are all gone that is. Probably just a hour or two will be all it takes. I’m not going to even think about the calories. Life is short.

Until next week. . .

Comments

Cathy said…
Hey, I just left you a comment, where'd it go? Anyway, your cookies look fantastic, Peggy! I am sorry you had to cut short your lake trip, but at least you got good cookies out of it! I'm coming over when you make those cappucinos!
Sihan said…
tell me about it. i totally ignored the busting caloric alarm with its sirens going off popping on this batch. Lovely cookies!
Anonymous said…
As far as I am concerned, there are no calories in these cookies, LOL! Great pictures!
hoagiefest 2020 said…
That seems to be my preferred cookie-eating method, too! Haha!
chocolatechic said…
I sure was hoping that they would be as good as the granola grabbers, but they weren't.
Lori said…
yeah....calories schmalories! that's what tomorrow is for, worrying about calories.
Flourchild said…
Im glad your cookies turned out good. They look great.
Nancy/n.o.e said…
There's the key - have a steady supply of the essentials (cookies in this case!) Glad you like these. Almost worth coming home early from the lake!
Nancy
Prudy said…
Sorry about the fish not biting, but these cookies would be just the thing to cheer the heart.
Shelby said…
they look awesome. where did i hear that if you eat standing up - there are zero calories? :-D
Sorry you didn't have much luck fishing! Your cookies looks so soft and delicioius! I would love to eat these with a cappucino infront of a crackling fire curled up with a good book as well, how perfect!
Teanna DiMicco said…
Those look absolutely gorgeous! They would be absolutely amazing in the winter... and all other times of the year!
Jules Someone said…
These look delicious! Glad you enjoyed them.
Cathy said…
Hey again! Someone sent me a blogging award, and I wanted to pass it on to you! You can get it on my blog under "Thank you, Jamie!" :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake