GRANOLA GRABBERS



This week's recipe was chosen by Michelle of Bad Girl Baking and thank you Michelle! I'm not a huge fan of granola so I was really not excited about the cookies, plus I am on vacation and short on time. But I made the cookies on Saturday before we left on our trip to the lake and let me just say, DELICIOUS, DELICIOUS, AND DELICIOUS. Darling husband and I managed to eat our way through about a fourth of them in one sitting. I froze the rest for future snack attacks. I also shared with my next door neighbors, Melissa and Patrick, who were in the process of finishing off their own pan of brownies when we handed over the grabbers.

I had a hard time finding granola without fruit, so I ended up getting granola that was vanilla with almonds. That way I got to leave out the slivered almonds. I also added just a few milk chocolate chips, but I'm not sure they really added to the flavor that much. I would leave them out next time.

The cookies were easy to make, and it made a ton of them which was great.

Unfortunately, my pictures will not be posted here until Thursday because my computer is being obstinate this morning and is refusing to load my pictures. Also, there was the little matter of me taking pictures while baking and then discovering later that I did not have a memory card in my camera so there were no pictures. I did manage to get two nice pictures of the finished product.

Lame, I know.

Give me a break this week. . . it is a special week for me. It is my tenth anniversary with Chandler and we are having just the best time celebrating! A big thanks to all our friends who helped us with our celebrating at The Club - the Powers, the Beards, the Speegles, the Arnolds, Ms. Hardin, and the Johnsons! And let us never forget Happy Ammiversary, Cham and Peggy!

Pictures will be coming - I promise. On Thursday!!

Comments

Judy said…
Can't wait to see your cookies! Congrats on your 10th anniversary.
Cathy said…
Happy Anniversary, Peggy! I hope that you are having a great vacation! I loved these cookies as well. They would be great for road tripping to the lake!
Shelby said…
I felt the same when I saw what we were making, but definitely changed my mind after making them!

Happy anniversary!
Mary said…
Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our seventh this week....time flies! I felt the same way about the granola..I think there is a conspiracy and only fruit granola is available in stores!
Mary of popsiclesandsandyfeet.blogspot.com
Amanda said…
Great job, Peggy!!! Please let me know how they are out of the freezer. Remind me sometime to tell you about my MeMaw and her freezer!!! Happy anniversary!!! Cham??
Lori said…
happy anniversary! and isn't that just a sinking feeling, when you realize the card isn't in your camera? have a great vacation...
Christine said…
Happy 10th Anniversary! Glad you enjoyed the cookies!
chocolatechic said…
Happy Anniversary!!!

We loved the addition of chocolate in ours.
Teanna DiMicco said…
Pictures or no pictures, I'm glad you loved them! They sound great!
Prudy said…
So glad you loved them and Happy Anniversary.
Pamela said…
Happy Anniversary! Glad you enjoyed the cookies. I found them to be surprisingly addictive.

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake