Summer Fruit Galettes

This is my first TWD food entry so while I am excited about it, I am also a bit apprehensive. This week's recipe was Dorie's Summer Fruit Galette chosen by Michelle in Colorado Springs. I really wanted to do this recipe, but time was a problem for me this week. Last night I had only one hour before my yoga class, but I had made the pie crust the night before and froze it, so that was a good start. I bought eight peaches but they were very large and I only used about half of them. I did blanche them in boiling water and then in ice water and the peeling came right off. My pie crust was a bit sticky after I rolled it out between the parchment paper so I had to remove it and roll it on a floured board instead which worked great. I used apricot preserves as my jam. I did not have any graham cracker crumbs, so I substituted with a few crushed Teddy Graham bear cookies! I was sure Teddy would not mind being a part of this baking experience!



I had a bit of a problem with the juice or jam running out the bottom of the pie crust, but after it cooled I was able to slide it onto my cake plate without any problems. The pie crust is so flakey and delicious. I would definitely make this again. Since I did not have a picture of a galette as a go by, I can only assume it turned out the way it was supposed to. It was delicious and melted in our mouths. I had a nice glass of reisling with mine. We ended up eating half of it so there is still half left for tonight! I can't wait. I may forego my entree and just head straight for dessert. This galette was a huge hit with my husband also who enjoys being my personal taste tester!


Comments

Amanda said…
YUMMY!!! Great job, Peggy!!! This looks professional!!!!!
Julie said…
You make it sound so easy! I'm jealous. It looks delicious. Good job on your first blog!!! Welcome to the cult -- I'm so glad you're here!
Summertime said…
Definitely turned out the way it was supposed to. Looks incredible! Welcome aboard!
Dolores said…
No reason to worry, your galette turned out great. Welcome to the insanity!
Jaime said…
looks great w/peaches!

Popular posts from this blog

Ina Garten's Deviled Eggs!

TWD - Steph’s Bakewell Tart

TWD - Brown Sugar Bundt Cake